The SMM continued to monitor the ceasefire situation in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, and recorded no major developments in that area.
The SMM observed the dismantling of military hardware in several districts in the Donbass, which it said had been looted.
It also observed the removal of a number of military vehicles in Donetsk.
On August 14, the SMM recorded four new casualties in the east of the Donetsk region: one Ukrainian soldier, one Russian soldier, and one Russian-speaking person.
The SMMM observed an armed Ukrainian man in his mid-50s and two Ukrainian women in their early 40s, in a building in the village of Shyrokyne, about 25 kilometres (15 miles) east of Donetsk.
In the nearby village of Svitlodarsk, a Ukrainian man was wounded in a fight.
In Luhanske, a large military building was destroyed by the shelling of August 10, the first since the beginning of the ceasefire in February 2017.
The building was reportedly used by a Ukrainian special forces unit and was used by the Ukrainian government to hide its positions in the area.
The shelling had reportedly damaged nearby military equipment.
The Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs said on August 13 that the SMMM had conducted a total of five observation missions in Luhianske since the ceasefire began in February, and that it had recorded five casualties in all.
In an interview with the Associated Press, Luhian’s deputy interior minister, Olena Semyonchuk, said the SMMLs had documented nine ceasefire violations since the end of the peace talks in February.
On July 29, the Ukrainian Ministry in Kiev reported that the peacekeeping mission in the Luhan area had been destroyed, and its weapons were stolen by the armed pro-Russian rebels.
The Ministry also said that on July 26, the peacekeepers were ordered to leave the area, and on July 31, they left.
The Ukrainian Ministry said that the conflict was continuing to spread, but that no Ukrainian troops had been killed in the conflict.
On September 4, the Russian Federation Federation’s State Duma passed a law requiring that all Russian-language radio and television stations and websites be subject to compulsory registration, which the law does not specify.
The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that the Russian side considers the registration law a violation of international law.
The conflict in eastern Ukraine has become increasingly bloody since the signing of the Minsk peace agreement in February 2015.
On September 4 a Ukrainian soldier was killed in a clash with pro-Ukrainian militants in the eastern town of Perevalne, the second such death in a week.
In July, a Russian soldier was wounded when a mortar shell struck his vehicle near Perevalnoye, in the town of Kramatorsk.
In August, two Ukrainian soldiers were wounded in separate incidents in the city of Ilovaisk, near Luhanytsk.
On April 15, a separatist gunman opened fire on Ukrainian border guards in Perevalnye, killing one.
In the past few weeks, the conflict has escalated dramatically, with government troops and pro-Russia rebels shelling Ukrainian positions and attacking civilian infrastructure.
The fighting in eastern and southern Ukraine has claimed more than 2,400 lives, according to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).